top of page

19-year-old electrocuted, falls from three-storey building while installing gutters

Dead: Bryan Hardial

A 19-year-old gutter installer was electrocuted on Friday while installing gutters on a three-storey building under construction at 27 Norton Street, between Hardina and Haley Streets.

Dead is Bryan Hardial, a resident of Lot 105 Covent Garden, East Bank Demerara (EBD).

Hardial, who was employed as a gutter installer by Unitech Awning and Shutter Manufacturer, was working alongside a 53-year-old colleague when the incident occurred around 12:00h.

The Guyana Police Force (GPF) said Hardial was on the third floor of the building lifting aluminum gutters when they came into contact with electrical wires on a nearby lamp pole.

As a result, the 19-year-old gutter installer was electrocuted, resulting in his fall from the third floor to the ground. His colleague, who was on the ground floor, witnessed the tragic event.

Police said that Hardial was not wearing any protective gear or boots at the time of the incident.

Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) were promptly summoned, and Hardial was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital. Despite their efforts, he was pronounced dead at about 1:00h.

Police reported that upon examining Hardial’s body, they observed swelling and bruises consistent with the fall and electrocution. The investigation into the accident is ongoing.


bottom of page