top of page

Police arrest another in murder of D’Urban Street businessman

Police in Region Six have arrested 20-year-old Akelow Marshall in connection with the murder of D’Urban Street businessman Shimron Adams, which occurred on Boxing Night.

Marshall of Independence Boulevard, East La Penitence, Georgetown, was arrested in Region Six en route to Suriname.

It is unclear what role Marshall played in the businessman’s murder, but our team will provide this information once it becomes available.

Also, on Wednesday, Police arrested Andrew Ridley, popularly known as ‘Aids Man,’ in connection with the businessman’s murder.

Ridley, who was wanted for another murder, is said to be the boyfriend of a woman who was at the businessman’s place on the night of the incident.

Two women were also arrested on Tuesday and have helped law enforcement officers to crack the case.

Adams of Lot 129 Macaw Drive, Kaneville, East Bank Demerara (EBD), was fatally shot at about 23:40h at his business place at Lot 'H' D'Urban and Chapel Streets, Lodge, Georgetown.

According to the Police, the two suspects reportedly wore surgical face masks, and one was armed with a handgun.

A 29-year-old woman who shared an intimate relationship with the businessman said that at around 21:30h, she went to Adams' business place, where she consumed alcohol.

She said that at the time, the businessman had a gold ring and one gold band, along with a small bag hanging on his shoulder.

A 29-year-old woman who shared an intimate relationship with the businessman had told investigators that Adams closed his business place and started to pack items in a freezer.

However, at about 23:40h, the deceased opened the shutter for them to go out from the bottom flat when the suspects entered the building.

The men ordered them to lie on the ground, to which they complied. The unarmed suspect then took off the businessman's gold band and finger ring and ordered him to get up, which he did.

The suspect then held onto the businessman's shoulder bag and pulled at it, but Adams continued holding it.

The suspect, who was armed with the firearm, discharged a round at Adams, which struck him in his right abdomen.

The businessman then released the bag and fell to the ground helplessly while bleeding from the gunshot wound.

The suspect removed the shoulder bag, picked up the businessman's phone and the cell phone from his 29-year-old female companion, and made good their escape through the shutter.

The businessman was picked-up by Police ranks from the Anti-Crime patrol and escorted to the Georgetown Public Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.


bottom of page