top of page

Minister Rodrigues appeals to early 2000s applicants to update their contact information at CH&PA

Minister within the Ministry of Housing and Water, Susan Rodrigues. [Photo: Guyana Chronicle]

The Ministry of Housing and Water is once again urging applicants who applied in the early 2000s to update their contact information at the Central Housing and Planning Authority (CH&PA).

One of the most common complaints made by citizens in relation to housing issues is that they are waiting for their houselots to be allocated to them for more than a decade.

However, Minister within the Ministry of Housing and Water Susan Rodrigues said most of the time; these persons have not updated their contact numbers, so it is hard for them to contact these persons whenever there is an allocation.

She was being interviewed on Hits and Jams 94.1 BOOM FM’s ‘Afternoon Lockdown’ programme recently.

According to the minister, there is an alarmingly high number of applicants who are awaiting for their houselots with this same issue.

“Many times I’ve found that people who have old applications have not followed up on their application. They have moved out, they have changed their phone numbers so when we extract from the system, and a lot of times what we find is sometimes about 50% of the people you can’t get on to and that’s because their contact details have changed and they have not come back in the ministry.”

“And then it looks bad because people say, “oh somebody from 2013 got an allocation but I have a 2010 and I didn’t get a call", but we just couldn’t reach you and sometimes you check the system and we say to them but we have an allocation sitting here for you and they said but we never received a call,” she explained.

Minister Rodrigues said this happens repeatedly and, “that’s why I insist that people come in and update because these people keep losing their opportunity over and over again and then it reflect bad on the ministry because you have somebody putting up an application that is old.”

Applicants can visit the CH&PA website on for more information or contact 226-5533 on how to update their contact information.

bottom of page