An Attorney-at-Law is among eight businessmen who were robbed at gunpoint on Tuesday while attending a birthday party at Fourth Street, La Bonne Intention (LBI), East Coast Demerara (ECD).
The victims and articles stolen are:
1) Michael Kunjbehari, of Fourth Street, Turkeyen, Georgetown, to wit: Two laptops valued at $200,000, $1.2 million in cash, and one ID card.
2) Robin Satrohan, of Cummings Lodge, Greater Georgetown, to wit: $500,000 cash and one Samsung Galaxy S10 valued at $50,000.
3) Ryan Jahurali, of Great Diamond, East Bank Demerara to wit: One Samsung Note20 Ultra valued at $250,000 and $200,000 cash.
4) Everton Singh-Lammy, of Kitty, Georgetown, to wit: One gold ring valued at $500,000, one Samsung Note20 Ultra valued at $330,000, and $170,000 cash.
5) John Ali, of Prashad Nagar, Georgetown, to wit: One Black strap bag valued at $700,000, one diamond ring valued at $4 million, one white gold chain valued at $400,000, one Samsung22 Ultra cell phone valued at $300,000, and $1.5M in cash.
6) Mario Joseph, of Well Road Ogle, ECD to wit: $50,000 cash
7) Ramsammy (only name), a 27-year-old Canadian citizen of Torrey Pines Boulevard, Sarasota, Canada, to wit: One gold chain valued at $1.1 million, one gold ring valued at $32,000, a red wallet containing a Canadian driver’s license, ID card, and bank card, and $63,000 in cash.
8) Anthony Joseph, of Fourth Street, Alexander Village, Georgetown to wit: One iPhone13 valued at $300,000.
In a statement, the Guyana Police Force (GPF) said that businessmen were at the birthday celebration when four identifiable males armed with guns entered the house through the back door and relieved the victims of the articles and cash.
The men then made good their escape in a waiting car. The matter was reported to the police, and a party of police ranks visited the scene. The scene was photographed, and the area was canvassed for CCTV cameras.
Upon tracking his phone, one of the victims led police to an abandoned house in Plum Park Sophia, where some of the stolen items were recovered.
Police acting on information received today went to a house in North Melanie, ECD, where three suspects were apprehended and taken to the BV Police Station. They were placed into custody and were identified by the victims as the perpetrators. Investigations are ongoing.