top of page

He was mischievous but had a good heart - sister of man electrocuted while running wire to house

Dead: Mark Welles

A 32-year-old man was on Wednesday electrocuted while running a wire to a nearby house to receive electricity.

Dead is Mark Welles of Lot 44 Coldingen, East Coast Demerara (ECD). The incident occurred at about 20:40h.

MTV News Update understands that Welles was living with his 46-year-old girlfriend at the address.

His girlfriend told investigators that the 32-year-old man was in the yard running a wire to a nearby house to receive electricity when she heard him screaming.

Upon investigating, the woman said she observed him holding a white electric drop cord while lying motionless on the ground.

She managed to remove the wire from his hand and raised an alarm. Emergency Medical Technicians later pronounced him dead on the scene.

His sister Michal Welles is still trying to wrap her head around the fact that her brother is no longer here. Despite describing him as mischievous, she noted that Mark had a good heart.

“[Mark] always try to help others in what little way [he] could. [He] will be missed,” the grieving sister noted.


bottom of page